It occurs to me

That I haven’t really written a regular type post in this new blog. Other than the quickie about George, my new pen. All these little ditties I’ve been *ahem* singing don’t show me how pretty the margin width is on this blog, which is one of the big reasons I moved from Booger to WordPress (no, not just to frustrate you, Ed).

It also occurs to me that I’d best see if these margins really are wide enough for what Lori talked me in to doing every Friday.  We’ve come up with a grand way for me to embarass myself and, potentially, prove to my peers what a hack I am 😀  But I’m too tired right now to explain, so I’ll do that tomorrow.  I wrote words tonight, and myne azz is tired.

<> I’m tired.

And I have to go to work in the morning. I don’t have to on Thursday, though, but that’s not a happy day. So I’ll try to enjoy a long Wednesday night writing session that I can at least partially sleep off Thursday, then begin the weekly embarassment on Friday.

Which – I’d like to point out – has nothing to do with the “other” surprise awaiting all of you.  *nudge nudge, wink wink*

17 comments for “It occurs to me

1. Pete Tzinski
    November 28, 2007 at 2:45 am

*I’m* looking forward to the Mysterious Friday Embarrassment. I think it’ll go just fine.

*AND* looking forward muchly to the “other” surprise awaiting the world.

But then again, I’m also looking forward to going back to sleep as soon as Zach’s done eating (it’s @$*$%’ing 4:45 in the morning) so maybe I just have no standards. 😉

2. Soccer Mom
    November 28, 2007 at 6:35 am

I’m looking forward to the fact that I have no great surprises to reveal.

And I’m not missing the days my kids were little. 4:45 am?

Ugh.

3. November 28, 2007 at 6:53 am

I’m thinking this template isn’t even wide enough. I might do some redcorating myself today – if Friday’s are going to go as I hope, this margin does need to be a bit wider.

Luckily, I happen to know of a few other templates . . . they just won’t have my big drama cat 😦

4. November 28, 2007 at 6:54 am

I’m looking forward to the Friday (It Will Not Be An) Embarrassment.

Also, it’s conversations like this that make me glad I don’t have kids.

5. November 28, 2007 at 6:56 am

Oh no, Kristine! You’ll still be able to display your signature cat somewhere, won’t you?

6. November 28, 2007 at 7:17 am

I can always put him up on a page About the Blogger, kinda like how we’ve done *#*# on that page. 😀

7. November 28, 2007 at 7:41 am

AAAHHH!! Decisions, decisions. I hate making decisions.

There are two other templates that give me better width. One that’s nice will give me 4 more words on average per line, or a second one that gives me 7 more words per line – BUT won’t show pages.

I’m getting frustrated. Maybe I should upgrade myself . . . grr.

8. Pete Tzinski
    November 28, 2007 at 8:17 am

This dark template at the moment, I really like. I like that the button to view comments is at the top of the post (so you don’t have to scroll through a lengthy post). I like the colors. think it’s really sharp. I’ll be interested to see what else you play with. 🙂

9. November 28, 2007 at 8:20 am

Is it too hard to read white on black for a lengthy post, do you think? It’s a little annoying how one template has half of what you want, and the other template has the other half, but ne’er the twain shall meet!

10. November 28, 2007 at 8:32 am

Took me this long to FIND that button to push for comments. Every other blog in the world has it at the end of the blog post.

I like the darkness. It suits you, Kristine. :p

I’ll see how the wide screen is. My eyes get tired scrolling over too long a line, which is why I like the shorter lines.

Sorry, me complaining. Carry on.

11. Soccer Mom
    November 28, 2007 at 9:13 am

I like the charcoal gray. I find it very soothing. Dark is good. Dark is your friend. Embrace the dark.

12. November 28, 2007 at 9:30 am

But it’s still not as wide as some of the others . . . and my header image is having issues with the white lettering . . . I feel like a teething baby who just had his vaccinations!

13. Pete Tzinski
    November 28, 2007 at 9:40 am

Why not make the white lettering black? Or why not check the “hide letter” box (or something like that) and then put the text on the cat image itself? *goes off to make a Midnight Muse banner*

14. November 28, 2007 at 9:46 am

I’ve tried those . . . made the text not show because I put a title in the image, and the text still showed in white. Took off the entire blog title option and the image decided to half-crop. Tried making the text black and that removed my image opting for custom title vs custom image.

*runs away screaming*

15. Pete Tzinski
    November 28, 2007 at 9:51 am

Well, at least you’re having fun. 😉

16. Soccer Mom
    November 28, 2007 at 10:21 am

Yeah, I still see the white lettering over the black. But I like the charcoal gray backgrounds with the white lettering and I think the screens are plenty wide.

Come back, little Muse.

17. November 29, 2007 at 8:25 am

Oh, I forgot to say something.

I got mentioned in the blog by name. I got mentioned in the blog by name. I got mentioned in the blog by name.

Nyah, nyah, nyahnyahnyah!