a shout out to ma’ peeps

Okay, so here’s the thing – I’m really getting into this whole Stone Age Keyboard idea. So much so, that I’m asking around to everyone I know, to see if I can score some working, functional, plain-Jane PC Keyboards that are sitting in closets, going unused.

And Lori wisely suggested I put a request out here, too, in case someone out there in bloggie-land might wish to lend a hand, and clear out their closets or garages or spaces under the bed where their old PC keyboards went to . . . well, die.

Think of it as doing your part to keep these things out of the landfills. And yes, what it means is I’m asking you to mail them to me – which might cost a couple of bucks – so in turn I’m willing to mail you a couple of lovely polished stone pendants. (a hint for the dudes – they make great zipper pulls, and key fobs, or presents to the missus).

Want an example? Well, sure you do . . . um . . . Here’s a couple from my lapidary web page:

sample2.jpgsample1.jpg The first one there is called Porcelian Jasper, exotica pattern. The second is Amethyst Sage Agate.

So yeah, anyone willing to mail me a working, functioning PC keyboard will get in return a nice pair of pendants, polished and drilled, that I normally sell for $15.00/each.

Oh, and I have a new blog – or I will have a new blog by Monday and I’ll give you the addy then – where I’ll talk endlessly about rocks, rock hounding, rock tumbling, Stone Age keyboards, and all the other “return the PC to the caveman days” stuff I’ll be doing. But all the other stuff, all this usual stuff about writing and life and stories and trying to get published and such, will stay here at My Midnight Muse – so if you’re not interested in rocks or keyboards, you won’t miss a thing !

Oh, and if you wanna mail me a keyboard – and need an address – email me: Kristine (at) wavecable.com

10 comments for “a shout out to ma’ peeps

1. Pete Tzinski
    January 31, 2008 at 2:38 pm

She sent me a few pendants, as samples of the type of stones she was planning to use for keyboard keys. Handily, they all had rings through them. So there’s one on my leather jacket. One on my wife’s wallet. I’m modifying a stone necklace someone gave us, to hang another one in the middle.

(Guiltily, I sent her no keyboards. I only have one, which I still use. The others are broken and tossed. I go through keyboards like a tornado in a trailer park. Why don’t they make them as if people are actually going to bang on ’em?)

2. January 31, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Ah, but there’s the rub – my stoneage keyboards will be DESIGNED for people to bang on them.

Especially the model I’m calling Pebbles and BamBam, because the keys are all polished pebbles that are anything but flat, so you’ll type by the BamBam! method. And completely ignorant of finger placement 😀

3. February 1, 2008 at 7:51 am

Hey! Kristine’s never sent me anything. WTF?

I have a spare keyboard to send. Don’t count on it arriving anytime soon. I still have to send Pete the Captain America DVD I’ve been promising him since the beginning of December.

4. February 1, 2008 at 7:58 am

YOU said your wife would flip if I mailed you anything! Phhff.

5. February 1, 2008 at 8:30 am

She sent me pendants, too. She said they were so I would have an idea of colors when she was talking about different stones and keyboard designs. They’re nifty and cool. I’m also going to let peeps on-campus know that she needs keyboards. Next thing Kristine will know is that she will be inundated with keyboards.

6. February 1, 2008 at 8:31 am

Actually, I think I said if I had a serious snailmail correspondance with you. I’m rethinking that position. She seems amenible to my getting letters from Pete. As long as I don’t take yours and run off and hide with them, I don’t think it would cause much of a problem. :p

7. February 1, 2008 at 8:50 am

Well I get bills sent to Mr. Kris, and people mistake my name for a guy all the time – maybe she will too 😀

8. Pete Tzinski
    February 1, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Your wife’s only amiable until you get my NEXT letter. Bwhahahaha!

9. February 1, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Well, considering how infrequent they are, I don’t have anything to worry about.

*zing!*

10. TrainofThought
    February 21, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Hi Muse,

It’s me, ToT. I love the Amethyst Sage Agate pendant. Very cool. I thought I would stop by and say hello. And I might have to order me one of them pendants, thar. Take care.