tonight’s the night!

I don’t care if you care or not, but tonight and tomorrow I’ll be glued to the Westminster Kennel Club 2008 Dog Show.  Clio didn’t enter, so I won’t be rooting for her obviously, but Ch Paradox Muse-Ic To My Ears just won Best of Breed in the Bull Terrier colored department, and this dog’s a beauty!

rn07236502.jpg

Since Rufus won back in 2006, don’t count on another Bullie winning any time soon, but I’ll be happy just to see this one in action 😀

7 comments for “tonight’s the night!

1. February 11, 2008 at 3:57 pm

WTF? I looked at USA channel and Westminster is only on for an HOUR and then they’re going to wrestling! Coverage used to be almost 3 hours each night!

2. February 11, 2008 at 5:05 pm

It’s on USA for one hour, then switches to CNBC. If you don’t get CNBC then it repeats tomorrow morning on USA for all 3 hours, then concludes on USA for all 3 hours Tuesday.

Annoying as hell, but at least I finally figured it out !

3. February 12, 2008 at 6:45 am

I saw it on last night and thought of you. I didn’t watch it, but I thought of you.

4. February 12, 2008 at 11:25 am

I loathe poodles.

5. February 12, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Yay for the 15″ Beagle !! We saw history made tonight, folks. This is the first Beagle to ever win Westminster.

6. February 13, 2008 at 7:06 am

Well, as long as the 2 poodles didn’t win… history would have been made. Several of those dogs, the Akita, Weinmareiner, had never won either.

That was fun. As soon as they introduced the Top 7 dogs, as soon as the Beagle came on stage, I said, “He’s the winner.” That Beagle had a vibe to him, an air of confidence that filled that arena. The audience felt it. The judge couldn’t resist it.

In fact, when they were judging the sporting breeds I had picked him to win that part of it. There was just something special about that dog.

7. Soccer Mom
    February 14, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Hooray for the Beagle! As I’ve said, I have a fondness for Hound Group and I am especially fond of beagles.